Thursday, July 03, 2008

"Ah! I want to sit next to my favourite person who never finishes her food" - Ted Kin

-----

The exams are finally over! Thank goodness. However it still doesn't feel like the exams are over in any way at all - the tension is still present in my muscles, the stress hormones are still flowing about my body and the room is a mess of a mass of papers. Oh dear.

After school today we had an impromptu class outing to watch Elliot's favourite movie of all time: Hancock. Chun Wui very nicely bought the tickets for us first, confiscating our EZ links at the same time. This reminds me, I owe him $1. The movie was alright at first, good for some laughs - then some weird ass plot line developed and suddenly the brainless movie started going emo-ey. To this I have only one thing to state: -______________________________________-

The movie ended about 4-something, so a few of us, JLC, Nic, Elliot, Ted Kin, Joash and I wandered over to the National Museum. There we played with a few of the exhibits and found ourselves visiting a rather odd and completely bull shit art installation. It was so bull shit that the introduction to the exhibit sounded like one of Nic's essays, something he himself admitted. It was around 5:30 when we finally left the Museum and I took the bus back with Joash.

On another note throughout the course of the past few weeks I have finished reading quite a few books, the most recent being Kazuo Ishiguro's The Remains of the Day. There is something about the book that I find rather haunting, like how the implied romance was ever so slight that when I felt it intuitively, I thought I was again trying to impose my own wants onto the story. There is also the idea of a rather wasted life.

While I can't say that it has been one of my all time favourite novels I can't help but admire the craftmanship by the author - how the voice sounded so authentic to the point where it seemed to be fulfilling a stereotype. So yes, perhaps I should try getting Daryl's most admired Never Let Me Go next.

Others books I've finished in this interim is The Book of Other People by Zadie Smith, Marley & Me by Josh Grogan (LOL! A book about a dog. Books don't get more sentimental and mindless than this unless it's a badly written historical romance) and A Russian Affair by Anton Chekov.

In other news Saoirse has returned to me. I almost cried when she died and I was told none of the data could be restored - then she got sent to a data recovery centre and my entire 2 years of computer life was reduced to a bunch of cds for $650... and now she's back and alive $250 later with all of my data inside? WHAT THE HELL. I actually feel a little pissed off now for the money wasted. BLARGHHHHHHHH. Okay this is as far off tangent I'll go tonight. Ta.

No comments: