Sunday, February 08, 2009

26 Things Meme from FB

(This is cross posted from FB, so don't bother with it if you've already seen this there.)

The 26 Things About Me Meme, Because 25 Wasn't Enough.

1. I love the delicate smell and look of Jasmines... why I can't exactly remember (I think it's because I associate it with The God of Small Things) but I was so fascinated with them that I remembered then as my example of classification in SL Bio, the Jasminum Sambac. The classification I remembered went like: Plantae, Magnoliophyta, Magnoliopsida, Olicidae, Lamiales, Jasminum, Sambac or something. The order and spelling might be a bit off.

2. Just thinking about Vanilla, it's smell and it's taste makes my mouth water. I love it. Vanilla infused chocolate was the first type of designer brand chocolate I have ever bought (and as yet tried). Oddly enough though I don't really make a beeline for the Vanilla flavoured ice cream.

3. I am terrible about reconciling with my past. For every sad or unhappy thing that has happened I find it impossible to let go and prefer to just run away and go into long term denial. I don't know how to let go.

4. I can date the era of most vintage clothes. Wriggle dresses, cloches, brooches, mod scooter dresses, show it to me and I can date the era almost always accurately. I'm not sure if it's a good thing since it's also an indication I've been looking at clothes too much for my own good.

5. The order of food that I like is Sour, Savoury, Sweet and then finally Bitter.

6. I get very annoyed with people who stereotype me, yet I do the same to other people I don't really know either. No I'm not just the weird "gep" girl/hipster/Anna/scary person you think I am. I have many layers and facades. I am human.

7. I watch anime sometimes... I read manga too... My favourite anime is the Gundam SEED series. Yes, I know it is a LOL series to like too.

8. I say LOL in real life. This weirds people out.

9. I burp a lot in real life too because I have a funny stomach. This also weirds people out.

10. I sometimes enjoy weirding people out. I attribute this to a healthy interest in social psychology.

11. I believe that the purpose of one's life on earth is to have a net positive output, which is why I find overly hedonistic behaviour utterly repulsive.

12. I have never been drunk before. I usually get a nasty headache before I am anywhere near that point.

13. I am attracted to certain food words like Organic and Black Pepper

14. When I was younger my ambition was to be an artist, but my parents said that I would only be rich and successful after I was dead, so I stopped wanting to be an artist.

15. I sometimes enjoy weirding people out. I attribute this to a healthy interest in social psychology.

16. I get very frustrated if I'm not able to write for extended periods of time either because I have no attractive ideas or am unable to satisfactorily execute a good narrative.

17. My dream is to win the Booker Prize one day. I also hope for World Peace, an end to extremism of ALL religions and for WWII 'comfort' women reparations from Japan. I.e.: my dream will never come true.

18. I am pessimistic. I get this from my father.

19. I am quite an anxious/jumpy person. I get this from my grandmother.

20. I also suffer from eczema, allergy to animal fur and airborne pollutants like cigarette smoke, sinus, stomach ulcer like symptoms, gastric, asthma, astigmatism, IBS, and random other health problems.

21. I feel guilty often and easily for the most random things, like people who are unable the board the bus I'm on because it's too stuffed with people. Maybe if I wasn't there then they'd be able to board.

22. I also feel scared often. Then I can't sleep because I'm afraid or because I'm worrying away.

23. I have a love/hate relationship with the idea of unexplored possibilities. The idea thrills me and scares me simultaneously, yet somehow I still go ahead with attempting to find more possibilities with my life.

24. I am absolutely useless with musical instruments despite my name. I've had piano, violin and guitar lessons before, but still can't play any very well.

25. I prefer notepad to microsoft word and wordpad. It reminds me of html coding and makes me feel 1337. Don't ask me why I think that's a good thing.

26. My favourite songs are songs that I empathise with or with evocative harmonies that make me feel. Hence I strongly dislike airheaded shit about Umbrellas and whatnot.

-----

This is me killing 2 birds with one stone. Taaa.

No comments: