Saturday, June 13, 2009

2 Jobs in 2 Days

Yesterday I ended my 3 weeks employment with M/s P-. For lunch B- and Andrew brought Rachael and me to 5 Star Chicken Rice in River Valley. Then we went to Laurent's in Robertson Quay for 'tea' where I ordered an Ice Chocolate which turned out to be an epic bad idea (it was like half milk half chocolate. I'm lactose intolerant. Imagine).

I actually felt a bit sad leaving M/s P- yesterday despite the fact that I felt so eager leave just as the week had begun. I felt sad thinking about the good memories that I had, like being complimented on my research skills by Andrew on the 3rd day and the feeling of bashfulness mixed with delight as he went around telling this to everyone. Then later when I brought up a point during a meeting with the client, he went around telling everyone how impressed he and the client was with me. It just felt so good to feel that someone thought highly of me. Then there were the random talk cock sessions with him and Rachael which were really enjoyable too.

I would daresay I'll also miss my direct boss too, Miss S- who was stuck at home on maternity leave most of the time. How she'd sneak back to the office to 'get air con' and surprise me everytime she appeared, and how afraid I was of her, not knowing what she would do next. Pity that she wasn't physically around most of the time for my duration at work though.

So thus with a vaguely heavy heart I left the office, and joined Mrs Nat Lim to sell handbags in Marina Square (please do not come visit me, in fact please stay far away from Marina Square till 21st June). I started work today. It felt a bit like 3 years ago again, talking to Mrs Lim and all. Faint memories of the past also came back to me, but I'm a bit too tired to dwell on them now.

Anyway today was fairly interesting. I seem to attract strange old men (lookinag at handbags?!) who like asking lots of questions. There was also a baby in pram that I played with by imitating her actions while the other clerk was promoting the diaper bag to her parents. She kept laughing when playing with me. Awwww.

Then Mrs Lim's relatives also came along and I played with the 2 kids, Sarah and David. It later transpired that David is Matthew, my younger cousin's friend and classmate. He described Matthew as 'the crazy one'. I laughed. Really cute kids. They accompanied me to get stock from the storeroom which is most masochistically located about 100m+ away. Factor in crowds and going to get stock is a bit of a painful affair. Also for some reason when I started running today my right knee started hurting from the impact with the ground too, so boo ):

Oh and David also started teaching me Chinese. Pri 1 Chinese. I couldn't recognise the words. I epic fail.

No comments: