Friday, June 05, 2009

A Mix of Sun and Cloud

Today is a rather screwed up day for me.

I got dropped off today at Outram MRT station because my dad was bring my brother and maid to Tiong Bahru. This was a change from the past week++ when I got dropped at stations like Bishan, Braddell and Toa Payoh on the red line because it was on the way to my mothers work place. As a result while fiddling away with my ipod, I distractly followed the guy that was running down the stairs and into the train bound for Joo Koon, all the while thinking I was on the train bound for Pasir Ris. This is despite the fact that I had looked at the sign and saw "Joo Koon" and then processed it mentally as "correct" before boarding, all the while aware that I was headed for work at Raffles Place/Tanjong Pagar and not going home.

When I boarded the train and the doors closed, my first thought was "eh how come I'm so lucky that the train is so empty today?". Then it became "wtf why so empty... this is highly suspicious at this time of the day" to "omg wait didn't the sign say "Joo Koon"?" and finally "I'm on the wrong train right -____-". This was subsequently confirmed by the announcement merrily saying that the next stop was Tiong Bahru.

Then later was Rachael and I were trying to get a cab to take us to NUS Law Faculty, there were no cabs around, so we ended up calling the cab companies. Right after the lady told me the information about the cab coming our way, I got another call trying to confirm a medical appointment and promptly forgot everything about the cab details. Within a minute a white Mercedes cab pulled up next to us with an "on call" sign flashing, but I thought it wasn't ours because SMRT cabs usually have the SMRT sign at the side and this one didn't. All I really remembered was that the cab had a '4' in the licence plate. Finally after a while Rachael went to the cab and asked, and it turned out to be ours -______- all because I forgot our cab number.

On another note, I managed to read Ibsen's The Doll House on Project Gutenburg today in between work. I shall attempt The Pillars of Society next week, then maybe move on to the other stuff on Project Gutenburg. I completely forgot it's existance till last night.

No comments: