Thursday, May 12, 2005

It was bad, it was bad, it was bad.

I met Tian Ying and Faith at 2:30 and we were all nervous, around 2:45 we went to the confrence room only to find that the interviews were being held at 1I.

When we reached 1I, we found three seats outside facing the classroom, inside we saw Miss Ho and 4 prefects, a sec 3 girl being grilled inside.

After waiting for some time, I decided to pray. As I was praying, I heard whispers that sounded like either 'Miss Goh' or 'Miss Kon', when I finished praying and looked up, there was Miss Goh.

She began to say how she was marking chem exam scripts and decided to go for a walk, she said that since I was so sickly, I should not become a prefect and that I shouldn't be a prefect because of how i was and went on to say that 'It must be someone up there who sent me here'. As she was talking, Faith went inside.

When Miss Goh left, I felt so upset I started to tear a little, but I quickly dried up my tears and went to read the newpaper that I had in my bag.

Soon, Faith came out and Tian Ying went in. My mind was screaming for me to run away, since Miss Goh was probably God's way of telling me not to go in, yet something compelled me to stay. Stay and do my best, which of course turned out to be a very bad idea.

When I was called in, I immidiately started to screw things up and my voice kept on quivering as I spoke, on the verge of tears. I was just so terrified. However it was one of their questions that got me.

I can't remember the exact question, but the only answer I could think of was to tell them of the whole guides leadership thing. Of course that touched a raw nerve inside me and coupled with the fact I was scared out of my wits, I started to cry as I spoke to them.

After what felt like an eternity I was allowed to leave and just as I stepped out of the classroom and began to close the door, the chattering began. I don't have to find out the results next week, I already know it.

Even before the crying began, my answers were weak and not exactly stunning.

I went around and gathered up my bag before running to the toilet to cry some more.

Useless, useless, useless. That's what I am, I can't teach, I can't think well, I can't lead, I can't get things done, I can't even sit through something that makes me sad without crying.

Faith and Tian Ying were long gone and I decided to walk home.

"'woe to you!' she screamed at the tree, 'for you had not waited for me before falling.'"

No comments: