Saturday, April 22, 2006

Flag day was alright I guess, but there were so many students! Is the orgnaisation mad or what? Over saturating the market only pisses off the pedestrians more and makes work harder for the student collectors -.-

A few people stood out, some for good reasons and others for bad.
- This woman who was togged out in Dior and LV who gaves me a malicious glare after I asked for a donation, I felt like screaming 'I bet it's fake!' after her but didn't have the presence of mind then. Sigh.
- This nice Aussie woman who stopped to talk to me and gave me AUSTRALIAN money after she said she didn't have spare change in S$. I was very amused and wished her a nice day (:
- Another woman who stopped to talk to me and said I looked very sad (because everyone kept staying away from us) and told me that people were usually grumpier in the morning. She have me $2 (:
- This JTay lookalike guy who I dared Ianthe to ask. In the end I went to ask him and he looked at me blankly. When his friend passed by and I asked I figured out why: They didn't understand English! They were from mainland China (my guess) and trying to find 50 Orchard Road, wherever that was, so Ianthe and I tired to help them find their way
- This woman who saw me and started running, and then stopped, saw Ianthe and then started running away again. HAHAHAHA SO FUNNY. I started laughing after I saw her running. She looked so stupid, how unbecoming behaviour of a grown woman!

Anyway the nasty people were all over and they kept doing the same stuff, ignoring us, acting like we weren't there, glaring at us or simply increasing their speed whenever they saw us. Tsk, I got an A for 2.4, I can outrun you morons anyday!

Evern though people saying 'No thank you' and waving us away got a little tired after a while, at least they bothered to tell us, and for those of you who complain about people donating only 10 cents and taking a sticker, at least they donated right?

Still I hope I don't have to go for Flag Day ever again. I'd much rather be hands-on with the older folks, talking to them and such. It's so much more meaningful than looking at the ugly side of mankind (and people wonder why nihilists even exist).

-----

Anyway on to La Cucharacha now. Yesterday B3 joined 4 tables together at the back of the canteen and we all ate in together.

A few tables away from us was the La Cucharacha table. Somehow while they were eating a cockroach appeared and ran across the table (what a dumb cockroach) and naturally they all screamed and tried to run away. However it started off a whole wave of screams and the tables around were all evacuated. The funniest part was when literally the whole canteen stopped moving and started at the cockroach epicenter and random girls started screaming even when there were quite a distance from the roach. The whole scene was so ludicrus I couldn't stop laughing.

Anyway el roacho hung around the table for a little while more before disappearing.

However a few minutes later, the Cockroach struck back! There it was, on a pillar about 3m away from the original roach table, and wriggling it's ugly feelers about! Scream scream scream! It ducked behind some lame ass pri school cheerleader's poster and I started to shout "Smash it smash it!" (well I was quite drowned out la, the whole place was in chaos and random girls were screaming again). Melissa started to make her way to smash it, but some other girl moved, albeit apprehensively and tried to smash it, but no! The nefarious pest ran out from behind the poster, alarmed by the girl's attempt on it's life and ran up the pillar.

Fed up with the surrounding mayhem, a teacher (can't remember who) came and tried to kill it with a bunch of papers (come to think of it, it was probably a bunch of worksheets) but the roach darted about and out of the teacher's reach and then it suddenly did the unthinkable: it jumped! And jump it did, right to a row of tables 2 rows away from the table. The girls there all screamed and ran away, and I just started laughing harder (because as everyone knows, it's only funny if it doesn't happen to you). In between laughs, someone threw down the bench with a great whack and after that everything seemed to die down.

No more cockroach, no more excitement. Goodbye roach. I hope none of your compatriots visit us again.

No comments: