Friday, March 06, 2009

Laika

I got this e-mail from U. of York today:


As you can imagine I wasn't very pleased with having my e-mail address somewhere there in the mess of e-mail addresses. I was surprised that York messed up so spectacularly by displaying all the e-mail addresses of their applicants, talk about compromised security -_-

-----

I've never had such a tiring stressful week (of 2009 anyway) before, yet filled with so much intensity and joy. While I used to enjoy work a lot more, as of late it's become rather tedious and frustrating, like having to do things like checking documents and drafting lists of documents.

Yesterday I rushed through this epic long bill (with every detail itemised!), then did 2 letters, did a list of documents while checking through the originals and drafted a writ of summons and an affidavit plus while having to go through the relevant documents to draft them (I actually didn't mind this alot because it's quite a high profile case about a runaway lawyer). Throughout I was cranky and snapped at various people who came to my desk looking for food (because my desk is a famous food haven). It was not a very good day.

If it wasn't for the smses I was getting from the A-level people (and especially Dexter) I would have gone stir crazy. I guess this makes me want to evaulate what I find important in life, because a short while ago I had gotten used to the idea that I needed something productive to do in life to make it meaningful for me. We'll see.

No comments: