Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Modern SPG

I don't really like stereotyping (okay so maybe I do, sometimes) but lately working in the CBD I find a very common stereotype - the modern SPG. She's usually seen next to a very bored and mildly good looking ang moh, trying to sound oh-so-interesting and speaking in a high voice that tries to play up how girlishly good looking she is (nevermind that she either looks like a cave troll or a total slut) with an odd accent. Her clothes, tight buttoned blouse, tight dark coloured pencil skirt and high black shoes with the thinest of stabby heels, are pretty typical too.

The one I met today was talking at this bored looking ang moh guy who shot me a shruggy look when I turned to look at them as I crossed to go to Lau Pa Sat. The snatches of conversation I got were of her complaining about the other girls in the office and going "Oh my God! It was so like what the hell do I do now?".

I LOL-ed.

No comments: