Sunday, June 18, 2006

The dogs are still around.

Today my cousin, Matthew, the 5 year old terror, came over with my uncle. Matthew was being a terror as usual and I ended up bringing him for a walk, and he wanted to go to the playground so we had to cross the field that the dogs currently occupied. My grandfather and brother had left the house a little earlier and they were about 1/2 was across the field when the dogs came a-running, to defend their territory.

My grandfather wasn't the least bit disturbed and he stood his ground and stared at the dogs, the dogs didn't dare go very close to him and started barking away. After a while my grandfather and brother started walking again and the dogs turned their sights to my cousin and I, we were about 1/3 across the field. They started to run towards my cousin and I, the little piece of cowardly shit (see later why I said this) got scared and started to run away.

I remember reading that the more you run, the more dogs will chase you. I had no choice but to walk away slowly and go after him - my instinct being to run in after my cousin in case he injured himself. I was quite confident that I would have been able to cross if my cousin wasn't around -.-

After I had to lift my cousin across the drain (about 1 m in span) and got him safely to the other side (he wouldn't have been able to cross without me) he said to me, "LET'S DO IT AGAIN!!!", "..."

He almost got me in deep trouble when he went running away, because the dogs knew that someone was scared and would be more daring in their actions as a result.

No comments: