Monday, June 12, 2006

For the past last year - till my handphone decided to commit hari-kiri, my old phone was this cute comapct sized, and badly bitten, clamshell style phone. I could't lock the keypad, even if I wanted to and ended up with 100 pictures of the inside of my pockets and bags. My new phone is a candy-bar style phone and requires usage of the 'locking' function. Because I am so used to not locking my phone, I forgot to lock it today and managed to send some 7+ BLANK messages to the last person I had sent a message to.

Her responses were quite amusing, mainly because her name was smack in the middle of the alphabet, not like Angeline or Adeline who would probably get spammed by blank messages all the time. For some reason I find the ghost message sending thing very funny, even though I just wasted 7 smses for nothing, HAHAHAHA.

In other news, the Regional Language Centre is so hard to find! It's right next to Shangri-La, but that's quite a walk in from Orchard Road and isn't visible from the main road.

The bus Ianthe and I rode there was super crowded! I was quite shocked, but I forgot that there are loads of offices in the Orchard Road belt, like my mum's. Loads of people were standing up and we saw 2 other MGS girls on the bus too. After a few stops, Ianthe and I had moved to the interior of the bus from our original postions to accomodate more people and I got separated from each other and as I stood near the middle of the bus, barely grasping the handles at the back the chairs, some MEGA HUGE ang moh guy came and stood behind me. He was so close to me, had this arm above my head, holding onto one of those dangling handles from the ceiling ABOVE MY HEAD while the one nearest to him was left empty.

I could feel stomach right against my back and all I could think of was "WTF?!?!" I was so shocked at how close he was standing to me. He was pretty old and at least 1.8m or something and very very fat. It was so scary! I remembered reading how in Japan's busy subways, some men would sexually harass the women by pressing themselves right against the women. My eyes were open really wide and I made eye contact with one of the female communters and gave her a "help me!" look. It was the most surreal and possibly threatening expierence I've ever had in Singapore.

Thank goodness he didn't stink, because my head was right at his armpit area, or else I would have probably died and fainted by the end of that very cramped bus ride.

No comments: