Saturday, June 10, 2006

I watched the Constant Gardener today. Ralph Fiennes! He's so hot, even though he's old enough to be my dad. The ending was rather unexpected and the usage of flashbacks and so on in the ending only made it all the more confusing. Plus there were too many old men running around and I couldn't them apart. Seen one old grumpy white man, seen 'em all.

I experimented with my new phone today (Nokia 6020) and managed to reacquaint myself with the phone's keypad and controls. The '5' key however, is very insensitive. Sometimes I have to press and hold the key for up to 30 seconds just for it to detect.

I was too tired to stay up and watch last night's opening match, but I watched a few minutes worth from around 12 mins (after Costa Rica's goal - I had just missed that) and I remember going :O when I saw the score, 1-1, and only after 12 minutes of play! Later on Germany's Miroslav Klose scored and all I could think of was "Ohhh! HIM". After that I went off to get ready for bed. When I last checked the scores, it was half time and the scores remained the same.

This morning I went mad searching for the final score in the papers (I thought it would be out by press time) and in the end had to rely on trusty old Google to find out the scores (2-4, Germany). I also learned that Channel 5 won't be showing all the matches, only the major ones. Sigh.

No comments: