Friday, April 06, 2007

After lunch my father decided he wanted to drive around upper Bukit Timah, in the Hillview area, afterwards we passed by Bukit Batok nature reserve and he decided to drive up the steep path, to a small carpark located near the summit of that little hill.

He wanted to go out and explore the place and my mother decided to join him. Because of my asthma, I couldn't exactly go out and climb the long flight of stairs that led to the peak and decided to remain in the car, half watching my brother and half watching the monkeys that ran amok the empty car park.

About 5 of them were perched on the roof of a red car that was parked right next to the forest. They were scratching each other's asses, looking into the eyes of their partners, treating the windshield like a slide, gazing at their monkey reflections in the shiny polished car top and treating the car like their miniature jungle gym. Then the largest one hopped off at the others followed suit shortly.

The large one disappeared from sight into the foliage and for a while there were no monkeys. Then I noticed a monkey couple emerge from the forest and hop simultaneously onto a bike parked nearby the car. As expected more monkeys soon joined them and they all sat contentedly on the leather seats on the bike. However things became more curious when I saw the monkeys passing some white fluffy looking objects around, and attempting to eat them.

Then I saw another monkey in a 'digging' position at the side of the seat.

Excavating the seat. Showing the inner white foam padding. Oh. My. Goodness.

Right about then my parents came back and I got out of the car with the intention of shooing them away when the owner appeared. He came and stood next to the motorcycle, his back facing me. Thank goodness because I shudder to think of his expression at that point of time. LOL.

As we left the carpark, the man had taken out a bottle and was washing the seat. Maybe the monkeys left a present on his seat in addition to trying to eat it. Monkey!

No comments: