Saturday, April 14, 2007

Last evening I went back to MGS for the Thanksgiving Service and I met up with all my ex-classmates for a time of worship and to listen to Anthea's funny testimonial on MGS. After everything, I collected my O level cert (WOOO ALL MY As! I love love love [please do not think I am being arrogant, I have hardly done as well as most of current schoolmates, just that even 2 months down I can scarce believe my results]) and took some pictures before going off with my class for dinner at Toh Tuck Road.

As I was with B3, it suddenly hit me how much different life is now that I'm in what is still essentially a boy's school. Like yesterday Cielo walked in on Nicholas changing - twice. Then the other time I walked in on Gerald changing, and Cheryl for goodness-knows-who. Of course that list will probably grow, like yesterday I was in class when JC wanted to change and I refused to get out, so he took off his pants and I hid my eyes while he did the deed. There are countless other examples of what would never have happened in MGS, happening in ACSI, like the fake campaign posters for one ('Leon is your Peon') that make life so much more interesting and fun, yet vastly different.

On the other hand as I was with all the people, something in me felt that I was being disloyal because looking at everything, I realise I feel happier now with 5.9 Chronicles than I ever was with B3. Still I had a good time last night, though a slip of the tongue led to some trouble erupting and partially reanimating a previous Drama issue, I managed to talk to Miss Bong a little and thank her for the help and faith she put in me for English Lit.

And wooo! In 2016 we'll all be back for Founder's Day Dinner!

No comments: