Saturday, April 21, 2007

The Night Safari!

As predicted it was dark and uh, I saw some animals. That kind of sums it up since the only animal that kind of left an impact on me was the Sugar Glider at the tram stop, it was so cute and tiny, awwww!

The bats in this aviary exhibit were pretty creepy too. While everyone was making jokes about Ted Kin supposedly dropping down from the ceiling, Patrick almost walked into a bat hanging from a branch near the broadwalk, not noticing anything odd at all. However I saw the bat and stopped in horror and then Cheryl started to freak out so we all had to literally spirit her away. To be fair it was a mega huge bat and it was just. hanging. there. I guess it was too accustomed to human beings already and couldn't care less about us.

On the second half of the tram, the group got split up and I was with Patrick. Behind us sat this really obnoxious annoying family. The kid didn't know how to shut up and was saying the most stupid things ever in a really annoying voice, but then I remembered I was a kid once and I could have possibly been that irritating too, so I tried to ignore it. Then the kid's parents took out a flashlight. with bubble wrap around it. WTF. The kid kept shining all over the place and into our eyes, it was really annoying. I wanted to say something, but in the end decided against it.

Also we walked past this asshole who was smoking a cigarette and holding onto a flashlight along the walking trail. Talk about the ultimate social dipshit. It didn't occur to me to have a spontaneous asthma attack as I passed him though, damn it. One day I will have an asthma attack with someone smoking around! FEAR ME.

All the same it was a pretty great night out with Cheryl and her constant WOLS-isms, and she even bought some odd bottle from the souvenir store there which apparently gives out bursts of light and creates a small fountain when drank out of, all for S$12.90! For some reason I can't wait to see it in action on Monday.

In the meantime: shitload of History work!

Oh and thanks to JC, Chun Wui and Elliot, I will never look at cows the same way again. Hooray.

No comments: