Tuesday, January 29, 2008

When I close my eyes sometimes, I see two whisps of soul flying. They're a shade of light blue and white - or perhaps both. They're denser at the heads and wispier at the ends, like little balls of imagined gas.

They fly through the night sky, bright and shimmering against artifical warm streetlights. They turn a corner, they fly down an incline, they pass my house in the middle of the night. I was probably awake when they flew past, but I never knew.

Maybe they were laughing, maybe they were fighting, or maybe they were even making out. No one knows. We pretend we know. We say they were drunk and riding around in daddy's car.

They fly again up an incline. Maybe one of them farts and they're giggling. They swerve off just as the road slopes downwards and they cross the other lane and slam into a tree. Bang. The car ignites and explodes. The whisps disappear, only to reappear every time I travel down the road at night.

-----

I ate something I shouldn't have today. I don't know why I ate it, I never even liked it much even when I was oblivious and didn't know it was bad for me. I just felt like it. Felt like eating something I didn't like that I knew was bad for me.

When I tried to talk myself out of it, I reasoned that it was white and therefore would not splatter on my white uniform. White on white. Cream on white. I ate it. My stomach feels bad now. Maybe I wanted it to hurt, maybe that's why people get drunk. They don't care for the highs of the alcohol, but for the hangover it'd bring. They want a little pain, the feeling like you're going to die and never recover - but all the same you knew you'd never die from that anyway. Like Little Doses Of Suffering to make us appreciate our normal pain-less lives more, everyone a closet masochist.

-----

I wonder why there's something called 'Banana Plugs' and 'Female Jacks'. If a banana is a phallic shape that sticks out, why is it next to plug which implies a hole? Unless you stick a banana into hole, like how the little boy stuck his thumb to stop the dam from leaking. Similarly why is it a female Jack? Female Jacks are Jacquelines and only males (supposedly) Jack.

I don't understand the word 'cunt' either. I don't like the sound of it. It sounds harsh and unpleasant. It's a degretory term. The only thing it ever rhymes with is 'punt'. It's not like 'fishing' which makes sense because you fish to catch fish. It doesn't make sense however with 'hunting', because when you hunt you don't catch hunt.

I don't think I'm making any sense. I think it's my tummy.

No comments: