Saturday, January 17, 2009

I am a bum.

OhmygawdI'venotupdatedinforeverandI'llprobablyregretthis. So here goes, a short entry detailing what the hell I've been doing since last week:

Friday (9/1/09)

Spent entire day bumming. Probably woke up late. Might have finished World Without End on this day. Can't remember. Watched Criminal Minds Season 1. Went out at night with Jiayun, Yihang and Daryl. Was supposed to meet them at 8pm and came 5 minutes late. Daryl and I ended up waiting 50 minutes for Yihang and Jiayun to come. We ended up wandering to Coffee Bean and finally Swensens when we (or rather I) got really hungry and needed to eat. Ended up reaching home at 12am.

Saturday (10/1/09)

Went out with mother for lunch. Got dragged into a surprise dental examination because the dentist had time and I hadn't seen a dentist in a year plus. Ended up really grumpy after being forced to see the dentist. Wandered around the Holland Village area for 'shopping'. Went to buy Chicken Tenders from Burger King for supper and met a pinoy behind the counter there and said 'selamat!' to him before walking out. Went home and did dunno what.

Sunday (11/1/09)

Woke up late and quite dazed (long lasting effects of Valerian Root) and ended up missing going to my guo mah's house. Watched Criminal Minds again. Went to my mama's house at night and met Uncle's family there. I also started watching The Terminal there on the TV and continued after I reached home.

Monday (12/1/09)

Went out in the morning to met Daryl and The Alchemist in Funan Shopping Centre. Had Yong Tau Foo in the food court there before migrating to Ya Kun downstairs where I had tea (and milk!!!). Then after The Alchemist left Daryl and I wandered over to Bras Bersah Complex where I ended up buying cheap Archie Comics and the second volume of the incredibly dodgy Hardship Posting for $2. Daryl bought a book of poems and Water Babies, if I remember correctly. Then we ended up going to Hans at the National Library where I had a cup of Earl Grey Tea and where we shared a Corned Beef Sandwich that reminded me of Filipino cusine. Then we went to the library where I borrowed a book on cult fiction and he borrowed a book on Umberto Eco. After going home and dinner, I watched The Good, The Bad and The Ugly with my parents.

Tuesday (13/1/09)

Went out to meet my Uncle in his office for lunch. Turns out he had an appointment with a client at 12:30, so our lunch got pushed back and I bummed about the office instead. We also celebrated the birthday of the White Haired Old Man who was trying to persuade me to come back and work for free for him. I had a slice of his ice cream cake. As I was observing everyone I realised I missed the office and how little had changed in the past 2 years I was missing... and how I had a sudden yearning to do law so I could join them next time. While bumming around I got sent to do work too and ended up doing comissioning again for this client. Amazingly I remembered most of the task for 2 years ago and didn't mess up. Then I went for a Japanese lunch with my uncle and went back home.

Later around 5pm I went to meet Sharyl in Upper Bukit Timah where I had garlic naan and butter chicken. It was good talking to her because it really cemented the idea of a true friendship in my mind where we slipped so easily into conversation that it was hard to imagine we had been going to different schools for the past 2 years and hardly saw/talked to each other.

Wednesday (14/1/09)

Went out for lunch with my grandmother at Ah Yat in Old Turf City, then we went grocery shopping in Giant. After that I went to ACSI with my dad to drop off the appeals form and got called back soon after because I didn't specify a reason - so I make up some rubbish and ran away. I met Naresh on my second trip there and thanked him and shook hands with him. Then I went to buy bananas with my dad and went back to watch Criminal Minds Season 2.

Thursday (15/1/09)

Went out with my dad for his downtown errands today, then ended up borrowing 4 movies from the Esplanade Library (Pygmalion, O Brother, The Big Sleep and A Streetcar Named Desire). Ended up at Jack's Place in Marina Square where I had a terrible steak. Then came back home and I watched more Criminal Minds and fell asleep.

Friday (16/1/09)

Woke up early today and marinated two chicken breasts according to some random recipe. Also cooked a breakfast of scrambled eggs and ham. Went upstairs to bum on computer, then came down to grill the chicken for lunch. Chicken came out really nice, but seemed to be sorely lacking in the 1 ingredent that I didn't have. Nevermind, I'll do it better next time. After lunch I went to watch Pygmalion then went to bum on the computer again.

At night I went out and met Gen at Holland V for Brendan's supposed farewell party. As usual everyone came late (Yihang, Jiayun, Stephanie) with the latest person being Brendan himself at around 9pm. We ended up going from Swensen's to Subway, then 2am Desert Bar before running away to The Coffee Bean and then going to a random playground to goof off in before heading for home.

-----

Oh man, what a waste of time and enegry. I feel bad for bumming so much.

I also found this link which made me lol: http://startutor.sg/7413

No comments: