Friday, January 30, 2009

This is like some Oscar Acceptance Speech -____-

Wow. Today I woke up and I felt happy. Happier than I've felt in ages, complete with the stereotypical 'woke with a smile on my face'. Then I started worrying whether last night was just a dream -____- It may sound strange but what I find most rewarding of it by getting in is the sense of vindication I feel after being left out of Drong's epic song and dance ceremony during results day. It doesn't matter that I didn't do as well as most of the Science muggers because I still got into the University that I want to go to anyway.

So really, thank you everyone for making getting into LSE possible for me!

Thank you my classmates from 6.9 who have been the best of friends to me, accepting me for all of my flaws, helping me when I was stressed and/or depressed, making me laugh with your irrelevance, tolerating my odd sense of humour and behaviour and providing the best support network possible in order for one's IB survival. So thank you Gerald, Cielo, Cheryl, Mai, Shao Xiong, Patrick, Song Yeong, Chun Wui, Gabriel, Matthew, Lex, JC, Justin, Ted Kin, Daryl, Nicholas, Mong, Jim, Joash, Elliot, Anne, Sui Liz, Gen Huong, JLC, Darren and yes, even Emil.

Thank you to my extremely random CCA group !nk for all the randomness and laughter that you've given me over the past year. This bunch includes (but is not limited to) Yihang, Jiayun, Arjun, Kaijun, Daryl, Loon, Stephanie, Gen and Brendan Ma.

Thank you to my study partners through the examination periods, for the randomness of IOC study period, to mugging everyday in the library right before IB exam day - Jiayun, Stephanie, Arjun, Kaijun, Mong, Gen, Elliot, Gerald, JLC and JC.

Thank you to my Math Studies classmates for all the randomness and laughter you've brought me plus the lessons you tried to teach me by getting me to 'chillax' and not stress out so much and so often, Hadi, Cheam, Han An, Eliel, Fraser and Gunawan.

Thank you my wizened friends, who gave both advice and encouragement throughout IB from subjects ranging from English WL to EEs to Personal Statement Advice. This lot includes The Alchemist, Anonymous Noises, Suat Ying, Karan, Daryl, JLC, Nic, Justin, Ted Kin, Elliot and Gen.

Thank you to my remaining few MGS friends I still keep in contact with for the good memories we've shared and the laughter that has yet to come, Stephanie, Jia Hui and Ianthe.

And thank you to my friends who are impossible to categorise but are still a joy to have around in my life nonetheless: Louis, Jess Mallek, Tricia, Sarah and Zhikai.

THANK YOU ALL.

I still owe Suat and Daryl my first and second born children.

No comments: