Sunday, April 13, 2008

At the end of this whole IB business, I’m going to wind up owing my first born to Daryl (if he even wants my sproglet) for all the academic help he has given me. My head feels spinnily dizzy right now, so despite the mountain loads of work (EE, Math Project are the most pressing, i.e.: due this week) I shall blog instead.

I got tagged to do some saccharinely sweet quiz by Stephanie. This then brings about the dilemma, how the heck do I find 8 people to even pass this onto? It’s impossibly female oriented and I doubt people would do this even if I tagged them (though Sir Brythain you should try it if you’re up to it!). But without further ado I present the quiz:

1. If your lover betrayed you, what will your reaction be?
Probably not a very good one. I imagine a long period of depression, random mood swings, lots of lying about on my bed followed by an intense period of manical I MUST MAKE UP FOR LOST TIME AND LIVE AGAIN and then a burn out. Repeat ad infinitum?

2. What will you do if you do not share the same feelings as the person who likes you?
It depends. My automatic reaction is to freak out, have panic attacks and then get insanely paranoid about being raped. However in periods between insanity, I alternatively consider dating the person. Once though, I managed to behave perfectly normally (and felt normal too) to someone I knew who liked me.

3. What will your dream wedding be like?
It should be in a nice church, other than that I never really gave it much thought. I would play Rick Astley.

4. Are you confused as to what lies ahead of you?
Confused isn’t quite the term I’d use, ‘scared’ seems to fit better. I feel scared of what lies ahead, of all the unknowns out there! I’ve been planning my future nicely in my head for the past few years, but there is this huge fear within me that I won’t be able to see it through.

5. What's your ideal lover like?
Outgoing, friendly, thoughtful, assertive (because I’m not), intelligent, has a soul I can drown in, intuitive, shares at least some similar interests, must accept my brother, easy going, has no temper (because I’ve got lots of it :x), quirky, able to make me laugh.

6. Which is more blessed, loving someone or being loved by someone else?
Loving someone. Because sometimes you might not like the person that loves you? At least there is an element of control in this (I sound so cold and calculating here). My stance further follows the conventional argument of ‘it’s better to give than to receive’.

7. If the person you like does not accept you, would you continue to wait for them to change their feelings?
It really depends on how I feel for the person, if I love them and the other person then I’d wait for a long time. Though most likely I’ll take a while to get over it (I guess this the waiting period?) and then try my best to move on.


8. If the person you secretly like is already attached, what would you do?
Get over the person, since it was just a ‘like’ to begin with and not a ‘love’. Besides, I can’t like someone who’s attached – my mind would stop liking them once I know they’re attached.

9. Is there anything that has made you unhappy recently?
Lots. Like my keyboard went weird earlier today and I keep having headaches today.

10. What do you want most in life?
To find my other half and be complete.

11. Is being tagged fun?
If I had enough time to do it without impeding on my study time, I guess it’s marginally fun?


12. If you find out that your best friend is going out with your boyfriend/girlfriend, how would you react?
Something like this actually happened to me before, it was beginning last year when I liked my Japanese teacher and he gave lots of signs about liking me back. But because the age gap between us was 10 years, he instead started dating my cousin. Talk about a soap opera. I reacted by being really sad and agonized, half wanting my cousin to be happy and half wanting him for myself. I got over him, they stopped dating, he started doing weird I-like-you actions to me and I left Japanese class (that and I had no time).

13. Who is currently the most important person to you?
This is hard to quantify since my good friends and family are important to me. I’d be equally devastated and depressed if anything happened to them.

14. What kind of person do you think I am?
Retarded.

15. Would you rather be single and rich or married and poor?
(Only if happily) married and poor. This might be hard to answer though, since some people out there do not need a relationship to be happy/are happier single and I might just morph into one of those people when I get older.

16. If the person you secretly like cannot recognize you, what would you do/how would you react?
If they don’t recognise me, then I probably don’t know them (whether personally or not). And if I don’t know them I’m unlikely to even like them in the first place!

17. Would you give your all in a relationship?
Yes, provided I went into the relationship with no strings attached.

18. If you fall in love with two persons simultaneously, who would you pick?
If you love two people at the same time and cannot choose, it is obvious you don’t love one enough to even pick. Therefore I’d leave both alone and go do some soul searching.

19. What type of friends do you like?
I like eccentric and odd people, with a touch of intelligence. This question should be rephrased to ‘what type of people do you like?’.

20. If you played a prank on someone, and he/she fell for the trick, what would you do?
Since I’m the one playing the prank, shouldn’t I be laughing at the expense of the other person? Unless I have schizophrenia or something, then maybe I’ll have a panic attack and freak out/have a seizure.

-----
On another note, I found this amusing video on Jia Hui’s blog:



It's so incongruous, it's funny! Plus points for random abuse of children's TV characters.

No comments: