Sunday, April 06, 2008

To my amazement, I actually got sunburned yesterday during the Swim Against Malaria. One of the songs (or rather bands) that I will forever associate with that event is MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE - because I am just *that* hardcore.

I was swimming one of the odd numbered laps and trying to concentrate on not drowning when MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE started being blasted through the sound system. The only reason I knew it was MCR was because it was from one of the songs that kept being blasted on the tv advertisement.

I wtf-ing in and out of the water (and because it was blasted so damn loud I could hear it even while I was underwater). Afterwards when I was bumming around, Lex and I started talking about the music being played and how I missed !!! and LCD Soundsystem earlier, and soon System of a Down and Marilyn Manson (according to Lex) started playing and Lex went off to change the offending iPod.

I have no idea why I am complaining about music again.

-----

Hooray for Arjun, who had cramps in his thigh around the 60 - 70th laps and still managed to complete a full 100 laps at the end of the event. Chun Wui also swam a commendable 100 laps and Ted Kin ran out of time and stopped at 90 laps, all the while complaining that he hated swimming. Jim, on the other hand, was bloody insane. Originally saying he'd swim 200 laps, he instead swam 400 laps! Which makes it 386 more laps than I did, and 390 laps more than drong did.

But the hero of the day was David Chan. Jim, fresh from his 400 laps was gay hugging Lex and decided Lex needed to cool off. So in went the non swimming Filipino and the 400 lap swimmer. Out came the 400 lap swimmer. Non swimming Filipino floundered about (at say, 1.5 - 1.6m). In went the hardworking David Chan (was he even supposed to be a lifeguard?) and saved the beloved head of discipline. OUR HERO!

No comments: