Thursday, April 10, 2008

I just got reminded of last Sat, when Nic and I were eating lunch at Crystal Jade, someone sitting at the next table suddenly went 'OMG have you heard 1 2 3 4 by Fay-est?'

WE DIED.

-----

If it wasn't for Biology practical in the morning - today would have been totally useless. It was probably the only reason (well that and I wanted to hear Brendan Ma) I dragged myself to school despite the fact I had a very bad night's rest & was still suffering from hyperacidity in my stomach, which makes me hungry all the damn time.

Worse still: BRENDAN DIDN'T EVEN WIN LEE SUAN YEW.

I feel cheated. All the contestants were so dull this year compared to last year, so it made for quite dull listening save for the occasional wtf moments like DOTA boy. Then Brendan lost to a particular junior (in !nk nonetheless) who I am not particularly fond of. Damnit. His prepared speech and impromptu were far superior as well, with the winner's speech not making any damn sense except to entertain. Nevertheless, I'm sure Brendan had his fun with his numerous innuendos peppered throughout the speeches like the unforgettable 'grab it by its haunches and thrust'.

Oh Brendan - you should have won.

-----

I stayed back in school to try and finish Hist IA. My peace was horribly ruined with the arrival of Sir Reverse Weeaboo and his entourage of International Friendship Day teachers (actually on second thought, how the hell were they involved?). They were horrified to find that we had been dismissed early AND that we had not known/done anything for International Friendship Day. Just as the remaining bunch of us started to worry about the shit Cheryl would get into, Reverse Weeaboo said WTY would be the one getting the shit. WTY, the useless teacher who was going to write OUR DAMN TESTIMONIALS. Ah fuck.

So as a few of us ran about half freaking out, JC dug out the poster backing from the distribution board and found a few pieces of white scrap paper. Thanks to the router in class, we had internet service and I logged onto the ever useful Wikipedia to do research on the Czech Republic. I procured a red kinokuniya bag (Christmas special) from under my desk and took a blue kinokuniya bag I saw behind Nic's seat. As Mai was writing out all the information on the poster, we improvised the 'pictures' criteria by grabbing random images, so on went a Spanish worksheet and a postcard of Switzerland I took from Career Day. Mai did the writing, JC did the cutting and assembling of the flag, Daryl LOLED like shit and a certain someone got in the way and irritated all of us who were rushing.

As we were finishing up, Reverse Weeaboo appeared again and told us to hurry up - because we'd get penalised for handing it up late. So I ended up grabbing it and randomly running to the lift landing. Why I did so, I had no idea since we had no banner to begin with. So this is the result of 20 minutes of rushing.

I like how someone misspelt my name.

No comments: