Wednesday, April 30, 2008

One of the most terrible things to come down with a bout of is insomnia. Since Friday night any scant sleep that I am able to obtain has been filled with ambiguous fast paced dreams which make me wake up feeling wide awake - and having the feeling of not having slept at all.

Then there is the problem of the more conventional insomnia, being unable to sleep till the wee hours of the night because not only do you not feel tired, you feel wide awake and end up rolling about bed.

In the morning when I wake up, I feel unnaturally wide awake mentally, but my body feels like it is dying. The eyebags I've been carting about the past few days have never been bigger in my life.

As a result I've been feeling rather disjointed emotionally and mentally - yes I'm awake but I can't really process much thought. I'm also more prone to being affecting by outside stimuli so these past few days have been see saw-ey.

Anyway since tonight is an eve of a public holiday, I'll take the sleeping pills that I have been refusing to take for the past few days and hopefully get out of this sleep-less rut. I also watched Prozac Nation today, and I must say it does scare me how I see parts of myself there.

No comments: