Monday, April 14, 2008

Last night just as I was about to sleep, I clicked on a link from some one's blog to my blog. However the catch was that it was my old blog. A blog so old, it had another blog in between before I settled down at thechartreusetiger.

Inspired, I went off in search of my Sec 1 blog, mwsy.diaryland.com - and I still discovered it alive! So I went to resurrect it. Oh the terrible unbearable language and rubbish I used to write. I then copied Angeline and switched to Blurty, so blurty.com/~melzilla exists as a memoir to my Sec 2 year. In Sec 3 I went off to ethreality.diaryland.com, but later fled after I went through another round of paranoia over a certain few peoples reading my blog. However I am unable to resurrect that one, which I find quite a pity ): for some reason it's not the usual password I've been using since Sec 1.

Here are the links to the 'good posts' I did in Sec 1: Bimbos (which started a whole chain of bimbo battles), and some random shit I wrote in response to an article. Should you ever decide to explore it's murky adolescent depths of angst and rebellious ridden hell, I suggest heading right for the archive page instead of just clicking 'previous' because there's a lot of redirection pages.

Sec 2 is amusing because I wrote a lot of stuff about 1) Guides 2) ACSI 3) How much I hate my teachers.

"T
hursday:

Swimming PE. And when we arrived at ACSI, know what we discovered? THERE WAS A WATER POLO MATCH BEING HELD THERE LATER and there were guys, guys are more guys around.

Talk out being outnumbered as the saying goes "there's safety in numbers" the guys got bolder and I even saw about 4 of upper sec guys just STARING at the non-swimming MGS girls. They were wearing long pants if I'm not wrong.

And then from the field, there were these guys decked out in PE t-shirt and all leaning over the fence and watching the Beginners swim and soon a bunch of non-acsi guys who I suspect were playing against ACSI later, wonder what school they were from.

And then the guys nearest to the pool "accidentally" missed the ball and it flew into the pool right in front of me while I was rubbing my eyes. I was startled and screamed. Oh mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

But I took the ball and threw in back to them. So dao mei having to be right at the end of the class. Anyways, later on two balls fell into the pool at the same time, I got the one closest to me and threw it back, but then the other ball was floating away towards the other end of the pool, I felt like looking them straight in the eye and give an evil smile. Too bad I didn't and I just watched the ball float further and further away and I watched the guys as then tried to pull up the legs of their shorts and get the ball. Wheeeeeeeee, so mean (:

Try to get the attention of girls right? Hahahahaha idiots. They later on tried the other end of the class and poor Yvonne had to swim right to end to get the ball even though it was barely 30 cm away from her when she started out to grab it. Oh and coincidently, no balls flew into the pool when we were at the other end and out of the corner of my eye while listening to Mrs Kwan the guys were doing exaggerated moves. Despots.

And later my badge rolled into the drain! Wahhhhhh I ended up having to buy a new badge at school to replace it, WASTE MY MONEY. Mr Ong atcually lifted up the drain cover but we couldn't find it inside and I decided I didn't want it back anymore. Yuk."

I like how I used 'despots' wrongly.

On another note I re-did a quiz I found on the Sec 2 blog, so here are the results, then vs now:



Enneagram Test Results
Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||| 54%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||||| 58%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||||| 58%
Type 4 Hypersensitivity |||||||||||||||||| 74%
Type 5 Detachment |||||||||||||||| 62%
Type 6 Anxiety |||||||||||| 46%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||||||| 66%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||| 22%
Type 9 Calmness |||||| 30%
Take Free Enneagram Word Test
personality tests by similarminds.com

-----

Quiz aside, I finally took out the two zhuo wen I did in Sec 3 and showed the .9 people in Kenneth Huang's Econs class.

They were overcome with laughter at the various weird shit I wrote and mis-writings (you can't say misspell for Chinese characters!) I wrote, especially when writing lao hu. When my dad buys the damn printer cable, I swear I will scan it in. (On another note yesterday I assembled a side table from Ikea which had been lying in my room for a week, so I could install the damn printer. When it came to the last bit, connecting the printer - I discovered there was no USB cable. WTF!)

There's a certain sort of sadness I get now, thinking about my Secondary school years. I felt way more awesome for starters, like I reached the peak of my 'awesome' abilities and now I'm in decline. That and I did a lot more rubbish, was more rebellious, extroverted, hyper. I was certainly no less suffering from sporadic depression, but I handled it better. Maybe because it wasn't so bad then.

I've calmed down a lot the past few years, as unlikely as it seems. I am not longer as outwardly spirited as before, I rebel less, I think more, I feel life more as opposed to riding on emptiness disguised as happiness. I'm less innocent, more melancholy, feel more incompetent, bi-polar. My writing has switched from pointless absurd to my odd interpretations and viewpoint of life. I listen to much better music, enjoy better films and read better books (I think I am in love with Stendhal now!), have more intellectual experiences.

However as much as life has changed thus far, I still retain the most wonderful friends a girl could ever ask for: Angeline, Stephanie and Ianthe. Many friends come and go, and remain only in the conscious of a certain time period, but there are always those who stick with you through thick and thin. It's because of this that I feel so thankful for coming to ACSI, because I've made so many meaningful friends here - people I expect to 'have' in my life even ten years down the road (well Jia Hui, you get lumped into here even though you're not from ACSI).

Of course, there is always a special category for Suat Ying, the random RGS girl who entered my life as I entered Sec 4. Even though we've never met, we're been through quite a bit of madness together. For that, I cannot thank you/God enough.

Yes, I am truly blessed. I do need to remind myself of this more often.

No comments: