Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Two quick things before I pop off:
1) I was sitting at the benches at the intact side today during the 2nd recess with Jess Malik and wedged the end of my ruler between the slats of the bench. I started playing with it like it was a trebuchet (I think you can tell where this is going), flicking the free end about when it suddenly sprag out and FLEW OVER THE RAILINGS. As I ran over filled with dispair at the idea of having to run 5 stories down to pick up my poor ruler, I saw something worse: it was sitting happily on the weird aluminum awnings.

I think I would have felt better if it just fell. Instead it's sitting there now, half looking like it's going to remain there for a few good years and half looking like the next wind would blow it off it's perch. I don't like the idea of it being in limbo - being able to fall at any given moment without me being around :x

2) THERE ARE FUCKING HUGE ASS RATS IN THE SAC, OMG OMG OMG.

Arjun, Stephanie and I stayed late today and we went into the SAC around 5:30-ish. They switched off the lights after a while, and out of the corner of my eye I saw this thing slitering along the bottom of the wall, clinging to the corners. I originally thought it was a lizard, but a glance revealed it was a rat. It ran and hid behind a cleaner's trolley. Just as we started complaining about how disgusting it was, I saw this mother-fucking-as-big-as-a-small-cat rat sit grandly outside the passageway to the stalls. I screamed and the thing ran towards the old SAC side. It was so huge, it freaked me out. Living in old houses before, I've seen my hair share of rodents - but never so big! Shit. Talk about disgusting.

No comments: