Sunday, August 03, 2008

Facebook is a very evil tool. It allows me to look at pictures of my ex-boyfriend (oho! Dodgy dodgy) and laugh at his popped collars and rather obnoxious wealth (Mustang anyone?) while being simultaneously surprised to learn that he is doing the IB exams in Nov. 2008 as well, even though he is one year older than me. This also means of course, that he also gets to see all the 10,001 stupid pictures I have of myself on Facebook and all the other rubbish there is there. That's the problem with Facebook, it makes people who would ordinarily not have kept in contact 'keep' in contact.

This means people like ex-boyfriends, ex-best friends, ex-friends and even the random crazy guy who used to follow you around obsessively - people who you'd have wanted quite badly to forget and move on with your life - are there at the click of a mouse. I would daresay there is something a little unhealthy about this for the simple reason it means that it is quite impossible to escape from one's past completely. Sure, I could always have opted to
not click on his profile and I could have opted to not accept him as a friend, but let's face it, how many times have random people from Zimbabwe added you on facebook as a friend - and you accepted out of common courtesy? What more someone that you actually know?

This of course does not apply to people you actively have a distaste for. Like I just blocked someone from my profile the other day when he tried to add me as a friend. When I tested the system to search for him later, it gave me a 'no results found' notification, so in short he's been completely erased from my facebook life. Yeah, I'm nice that way.

-----

I've been hearing from my friends often enough that they have the notion I have a very interesting life. This is completely wrong. I have no idea where you people get such ideas really! To prove you people wrong once and for all and expose how loser I really am, here is a rough summary of my entire day yesterday.

0930 - wake up, lie around bed
1030 - finally get up and switch on computer. Go to facebook and play Crusades
1100 - bathe
1130 - wander downstairs, parents appear with lunch
1145 - throw a soybean at my father because he's taunting me to
1200 - read newspaper
1230 - watch martin mystery
1300 - go to room and bum online
1400 - watch Gundam Seed Destiny
1500 - mother comes into room and lies about
1501 - resolve to start doing work
1530 - open up biology powepoint 5.6 on homeostasis and start typing notes on Fokker
1531 - mother wants to buy a coach bag online: does not actually know how to shop online
1532 - open up Amazon.com and search for coach, leaving her with Saoirse
1550 - get frustrated and search for IB SL Biology syllabus online
1555 - find awesome Bio notes website, stop typing notes, mother leaves my room
1600 - attempt to read Fairbank/end up bumming on internet
1700 - wander down to eat a salad and an apple
1730 - read Fairbank
1800 - text Cheam to ask if he wants to go running later
1805 - Cheam replies saying he wants to run now
1815 - run to Cheam's place
1830 - reach and start stretching while waiting
1835 - Cheam appears
1840 - start running
1845 - start feeling like dying
1900 - finally stop running, sit at pavement to catch breath, watch the sunset and toy planes and real planes fly about
1930 - reach home and eat dinner
2000 - use computer
2030 - bathe
2100 - use computer, wander about and join the parents to watch a bit of entourage
2330 - com freezes up and dies, restart
2340 - com cannot connect to the internet, get annoyed
2345 - decide to clean out cupboard
0045 - start packing up clothes
0100 - eat supper, joining brother who is awake for no apparent reason downstairs, watch Veronica Guerin which for some reason is showing at a shitty hour with no apparent advertising. Curse mediacorp for showing shows like Elektra and Hell Boy at popular timeslots instead.
0130 - wash up
0150 - finish reading A Man of Property
0200 - sleep
0201 - get woken up to go clean up after brother
0210 - wash up again
0215 - sleep

What a useless day.

-----

On Thursday after PC, WTY called Darren and I to stay back. When we met him, he claimed that he ran our EEs through Microsoft Word and that we were both above the word limit, mine by 70 words. So, he wanted us to count our words. Manually. Nice.

Thankfully Daryl and JLC were still around, and amidst much cursing and tediousness we finished counting the words only to find that they formed a total of an inexplicable 3,969 - short of my declared word count of 4,000 and short of WTY's count of 4,070. *$(C@$^D@*$&

On Friday, JLC, Gerald and I met up to do more Lear extracts at my grandmother's house. After Gerald left, John and I stopped doing work and wandered off to Island Creamery where I had a Brownie and Cookies and Cream Ice Cream. I think he had an Apple Pie and Cookies and Cream Ice Cream. Then we walked off to explore Botanic gardens, admiring the many dogs that were out and about.

-----

And to a certain Mr Hadi who complains I have not updated in a gazillion years, I can be found here sometimes.

No comments: