Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Today during dinner I leaned over and picked up by father's Hypercol pill which he takes to reduce his blood pressure. Grasping the capsule with both hands on opposite sides, I started tugging at the ends to try and extend the length of the capsule without actually spilling the inside contents. I have since concluded that the length that a capsule can be extended is not very much and less than half of the excess capsule area.

This experimental result has been reinforced by me experiencing the same thing when I was playing around with my own capsule of medicine last week.

I should write a paper on the physics of extending capsules.

-----

I got a copy of Lime magazine today. It was snuggled rather contentedly in the race pack that I picked up today for the Nike 10k race on Sunday. I suppose I was lucky in this aspect because at least it's in English because the bag where I shoved JLC's shirt and tag into turned out to be containing I-Zhou-Kan. But then again it's Lime. Years ago I used to read this rubbish. I was like what? Primary 6? Then I Sec 1 even this stuff got too bad for me and I moved on to reading The National Enquirer. Now I get my random celebrity gossip for free courtesy of The Superficial and use either Archie Comics or Time as toilet reading.

Anyway in summary: I haven't touched Lime in years. Now some 6 years after the last time I read Lime magazine, it has not actually changed by getting any better. This is made worse by the fact that as I have grown older, I have gotten more critical and cynical. Hence, this magazine sucks more than ever.

For instance this letter to the editor (this is the July 2008 issue): "Thanks for opening my eyes with the Indie-Mand story. I've has enough of all that manufactured pop bullshit some people call music. Give me the Ting Tings, MGMT and Kaiser Chiefs anytime! - Indie Snob, Braddell"

For the sake of this idiot, I hope it's a troll. Ahem! 'Manufactured pop bullshit'? You don't get to say that till you STOP READING LIME MAYBE. And the Kaiser Chiefs? Not indie. That's like calling Panic! indie. Maybe they were, like perhaps 3 years ago or something. Not now. Furthermore signing off as 'Indie Snob' makes you seem like an utter idiot. How are you remotely 'indie'? You killed it by saying such tellingly stupid things in your letter. Then you have the cheek to add 'Snob' like OMG LOOK AT ME I AM SO IRONIC I TAKE THE PISS OUT OF MYSELF THEREFORE I AM SO INDIE.

What the hell are there so many damn posers around -____________- Firstly, it's not that hard to learn to actually immerse yourself in a subculture. Sure, there's a learning curve, but if you're passionate enough you'll eventually become part of it. Secondly, what the hell gives people the idea that certain things are 'cool'? Why the hell is listening to 'indie' music cool now? Why the hell is going around proclaiming Lord of The Flies is non-fiction the most sensible thing to do to your pathetic mind? God, posers disgust me.

In order to get rid of this idiocy I vow to listen to random Jpop and '90s pop tonight. Just because not all music other than 'indie' is shit. JUST BECAUSE I CAN. Screw you damn posers.

-----

Today's SL2 and TOK periods were spent rushing around trying to get the right Biology pracs photocopied and the PSOW done. I also discovered that my grade got bumped up from 43 to 46 upon 48 for the pracs, so whew, all the damn work and hair pulling I've been doing over the lot of rubbish is FINALLY OVER and FINALLY PAID OFF (I think?).

After school today we held the last ever !nk meeting. It was also the handover. This marks almost exactly one year since I've joined !nk, from randomly popping up during the previous handover and then staying for good. Since then !nk has been one mass whorl of rubbish and bad sex jokes. And complaining. Especially when I had to do stupid shit for Brendan like dress up to infiltrate the teacher's staffroom (which is as boring as it seems).

During the meeting I realised that I would miss the lot of people, especially those that I had gotten to know exclusively through !nk. People like Yihang the sexgod, Brendan the fail, Jiayun the Arty, Wee Loong the Com guy, Arjun the Naidu, Kaijun the Mac boy. Then there are those I've known from outside that enriched my !nk experience, people like Gen the Bear and Daryl the Hierophant. Today was just like the rest of the other meetings. As we gathered at the back warily watching our successors, bawdy random jokes flew about and Gen started parading about reluctantly in his tootight (free) Bomber Jacket. Then we did the planning for the final Graduation issue, coming up with random but still relevant rubbish.

Wow. I'll really miss !nk. And ACSI.

No comments: