Sunday, August 31, 2008

I survived Nike 10k.

I ran the first 5k continuously (give or take some people walking and blocking my way, so I had no choice but to walk too) and then for the rest of the remaining 5k I ran and walked. In total I took about 1 hour 35 minutes to complete the entire course.

In my defense for not running as well as I'd have liked to (I'm making goods friends with this thing called dissatisfaction):

1) Wrong time of the month for this female
2) I'm anaemic
3) I was actually feeling really sick earlier in the day, around 12. I was dizzy and light headed, also feeling very weak and vaguely nauseous. I suspected it was a migraine and staggered about and took Panadine - left over painkillers from when I had my operation
4) I'm asthmatic
5) Too many people. There were bottlenecks and people walking all over, hence I couldn't run properly
6) No pacer
7) No mp3 either

After the run I went to eat dinner with JC, JLC, Elliot, Shao Xiong, Ted Kin, Clarence, Gerald, Nicholas and Jim at a food court in Raffles City. Patrick went back after the race. Then the lot of us minus Shao Xiong and JC headed back to watch The Great Spy Experiment at the race area. Nic and I left to go catch My Little Airport at the Esplanade before Boys Like Girls came on, and Jia Hui joined us later. Then JLC and Clarence joined us to wander about and we ended up listening to 4 Imaginery Guys with a cute in an older way DJ and diseased music - a Singapore based French acoustic musician. Clarence then left to catch Caracal and the lot of us headed to Raffles City with the hopes of finding supper, but everywhere else was closed. So then we left for home.

End of story!

No comments: