Tuesday, October 07, 2008

For some reason, Britney Spears has recently reappeared in my life. This is partly due to the line "always and forever you and me/that's the way our lives should be" running over and over in my head until I got frustrated and googled the line. But no, that was not all! It was only the beginning. The worst onslaught of Britney came on when Jiahui sent me this link for a remix of Womanizer, which for some reason is damn addictive - so I ended up listening to it a few tens of times. Or maybe hundreds. Whatever.

In school I wasn't spared either. Justin and Elliot started singing Oops I Did It Again during the English paper review. Then this morning I started thinking about Oops I Did It Again and ended scrawling it over Joash's Econs stuff.

Now I'm on a roll. I'm going to listen to every single Britney hit tonight. I feel my brain cells dying already - and I'm actually enjoying it. I kind of miss the time where almost every single bit of music was happy!!! innocent!!! and sugar!!! instead of omg bleed death die so deep/music that makes no sense because it's about 'hos and umbrellas.

-----

On a more sombre note my brother has gone and bitten one of his classmates again. In case some of you don't know, he's a low functioning autistic 14 year old and he's currently attended a school in the Moverment for the Intellectually Disabled. The only reason why I'm actually bothering to mention this here is because for once it's gotten a rather interesting reaction. By interesting reaction, I mean that the father of the bitten child called up my mother this morning and threatened that if we didn't put him back on medication, something bad would happen to my family.

This made me think actually of something that happened on Friday morning (which pretty much marked my entire day, but I forgot about it subsequently). When I opened the front door, I almost fainted. In front of the door was a dead rat, with ants swarming all over it. I stood still for a few moments, staring at the dead rat in shock. Then I hopped over it's dead body to get out of the house. Even when on the bus I couldn't help thinking about the rat. I kept imaginging it running at a really fast speed blindly, then colliding head on with a door and just dying like that. Talk about morbid thoughts.

This morning again I found something weird inside my house boundary. It was placed near the front gate and it looked a bit like a half eaten fried chicken fillet/coconut husk (yes I know that sounds weird). I stopped for a moment to stare at it again, because I found it's placement highly unusual.

My dad now keeps talking about someone playing a hex on our family because of the weird stuff placed in our house (the front gate is unlocked) in a joking manner. As for me? I'm inclined to let my imagination run a little wild, but then again this is really stretching it. Hmmm.

No comments: