Wednesday, October 08, 2008

In the morning today we ended up being locked out of class. This is because Darren, the usual person in charge of the keys didn't come to school yesterday. This resulted in someone leaving the key inside of class as the Estate Office people came around to lock the doors in the evening. When today came, the class key was understandably missing from the Estate Office. So for once in my entire time at ACSI we spent an exam-less morning camping outside the class.

-----

This afternoon I met Asyikin at the bus stop on my way to Holland V. This resulted in probably the longest conversation I have ever had with her, a little sad when you realise that we've been in the same two schools for over 6 years together but never really got to know each other.

I then met Vicky at Coffee Bean to try and help her with Literature. It was then that I realised how different IB was from O level lit. For example when I saw the guiding questions for their Unseen extracts, my brain died. I couldn't remember how to answer them properly anymore. In fact, I even kind of forgot that they existed. Then I looked at the old essays that I brought along and realised that from 2 years ago, my handwriting is now a lot more messier. And then I realised how my writing style has changed from technique-to-technique to line-by-line for written commentaries. And that I now suck at writing more.

I have no idea what point I'm trying to make here other than the fact that things have changed and I feel weird now because I didn't really consciously recognise those changes.

No comments: