Saturday, October 04, 2008

Today while in a queue to withdraw money at Far East Plaza, I was eavesdropping on a conversation between two guys. They were speaking in the usual chinese-english mangled language, and they were talking about this girl, then something about fighting, three divorces, a sex tape (he made fake orgasm sound here) and shitloads of money. Of course I was interested. Just as I was thinking about how the hell the guy knew such a screwed up bunch of people, it suddenly occured to me that they were talking about Dirty Sexy Money. But no! He mentioned a school, and someone going to boarding.

Then I realised it was Gossip Girl.

-----

Last night I went for the Art exhibition in school, to support Chaya and Chong Wee who invited me. I ended up wandering about with Jono for most of the duration and wrecking havoc like playing with the lights. Of all the exhibits there, I liked Chaya's, Chong Wee's and Yihang's the most - not just because they're my friends but because I felt they were genuinely good.

Afterwards I went for dinner with Deb Khoo and Cielo. We ate at Rocky's along Sunset Way and then we wandered off to The Daily Scoop where Deb treated Cielo and I to Strawberry Shortcake ice cream (there was no Tiramisu!!! Oh the humanity ): ). Then I went home and in a rather futile effort tried to do some SAT stuff.

-----

Today was the SAT. My brain died after 2/3 of the paper. Nothing unusual. After the paper, Malcolm, Arjun, Kaijun, JLC and I went to eat Pepper Lunch. Then Mong left to study in the library (WTF.) and we wandered over to Takashimaya. After convincing Kaijun he was hungry and getting Arj to go with him, JLC helped me pick out a pen for Kaijun (Parker, blue casing and blue ink). After purchasing the pen we then found out that the two were shopping.

What followed next was an eye opening experience as I ended up following the guys shopping. For starters I never realised how limited were the places that guys could shop. I also stick to my guns by insisting that freaking all long sleeved shirts have the same 10 patterns, so why the heck did we look at what must have been 300+ shirts today with not one of the three guys liking any of them?! They were fussier when it came to clothes than I usually am.

Around 5:45pm we dispersed and I headed for Far East Plaza (where the above dodgy eavesdropping took place) to meet my mother. I ended up getting my rather cumbersome fringe trimmed further and tried to look for Naipaul in Sunny Bookshop (they had nothing by him). Then we hopped into a cab for an $11+ ride back home.

No comments: