Friday, May 02, 2008

I HAVE FAILED. All I did was wink at Jessica Mallek, and then Wesley who has a bag that looks like a cat. This was made worse because I got depressed suddenly during recess and felt more like getting away from people than even looking at them. So I did - get away from people that was.

Even when I felt better and was walking about just as I met the eyes of random people, the nanosecond it hit me to wink at them I lost eye contact *facepalm* and then when I was out later with my Mama, the people I made eye contact with were damn #2. They were either random ang mohs with protective looking girlfriends and er. Actually I only remember that guy, I have no idea why. But I didn't exactly want some sort of odd bitch fight and I was in school uniform.

The problem (and best part!) about a wink is that it is so suggestive. Like, 'hey sexy, remember me?' AND ARGH WHY DID I NOT WINK AT SOMEONE - ANYONE! WHYYYYYYYYY. Damnit.

Monday will be better
-----

After my doctor's appointment, my Mama gave me $50 in Isetan vouchers which she had redeemed from some credit card points thing. So I did the unthinkable (well after scouting the rest of the clothes and actually trying some dresses on), I went to TOPSHOP :o like omg, I am so cool and scene now because I've shopped at topshop.

True enough as I poked about looking at hideously overpriced clothes ($43 for a plain tee anyone?) I saw pairs of girls decked in black baggy oversized cardigans/baby rib tank tops/black skinnies/havianas zoom past me (I must resist an urge to make fun of clones) - decked in the latest fashion style. However I actually found a dress I reasonably liked, grabbed a bowler-like hat from topman and this weird corset thing my Mama said was nice.

The corset fell right off me, which I found really hilarious. Granted it was a size too big (and the waist didn't even fit me!), but the whole idea of it falling off was so cliched that I couldn't help laughing at the absurdity of it all. Trying on the hat however, made me think of Pete Doherty so much that it disturbed me.

So to cut a long and superficial note short, I am now the owner of a dress from topshop. The impossible has happened! In my defense the dress looks reasonably vintage inspired and completely unlike the stuff one has come to expect from topshop. I'm not actually sure why I saw that but I think I am no longer allowed to be biased against it because I now own something from there. UHHHHHHH.
-----

With the parents out of the house, I now find myself mistress. This change in roles has been rather odd for me, like the Felice (my maid) asking me what I should cook for dinner and etc. This resulted in me telling her to cook a large pot of chicken stew so we could slack the entire weekend and just reheat the damn thing. It feels weird having to give her directions, and even saying stuff like 'you can watch tv if you want, it's okay with me'/'you can use that computer, I'm okay with you using it'/'sit on the chair!'/'come one eat with me!'.

It wouldn't be so weird if my parents were around, because we could function and interact on our usual level (as friends, she taught me gaano kalaki ang titi mo) and even talk about rubbish like sex. Well, we still do that I suppose, now that I'm having dinners with her every night. But after dinner it feels weird, like I have to assume some sort of commanding role. It sits rather uncomfortably with me.
-----

I have no idea why I am using so many breaks today. But Johannes if you're reading this, to compensate for the somethingawful swap.avi page, here's your favourite quote: 'son of a bloody bum fuck'.

And names with alliteration like Louis Leong the Louser are always funny.

No comments: