Monday, May 12, 2008

Today is Smack Some Ass Day, so I smacked:
1) Arjun (5 times)
2) Kaijun (3 times)
3) Brendan (2 times)

The rest in sort of chronological order:
- Joash
- Malcolm
- Johannes
- Cheam
- Gerald
- Elliot
- JLC
- Sean
- Jess Mallek
- Yihang
- Tricia
- Putu (he was the cutest! I went up to him and said it was Smack Some Ass Day and he turned around and offered me his bum)
- Jim
- Hidayah

And I only got hit by Hidayah. Ohohoho, the perks of being female.

Today during PE it was my turn to try the Vertical Challenge thing, and boy was I freaked out. It was yet another one of those conquer-your-fear things that I do even though I know I will freak out. I really felt terrified climbing up, my heart was thundering away and I felt my palms get really really sweaty. I also felt a little faint. (I have a horrid fear of heights and falling, even though I am sometimes tempted to fling myself off high levels - there must be something to psychologically analyse there)

I kind of hung around the top of the ladder for a few minutes, too petrified to even move. As I was up there the idea that I was blocking other people from climbing/attempting the Vertical Challenge, so I ended up feeling bad amidst the freaking out. When I finally got to the little grey platform at the top I sat there for what felt like ages, too afraid to move again. Finally I stood up and even climbed the green netting halfway before being let down. Throughout I kept thinking 'OMG OMG OMG/FUCK FUCK FUCK/If I can do this I can do anything!'

Fascinating juxtaposition of thoughts.

-----

The highlight of the day when we won the rugby match! This was a huge contrast to when last year we lost in the finals to RJC - and I finally started to understand the scoring of the game and was able to actually keep score this time round :o... at my last rugby match ever. I also cheered so much that I feel my throat being kind of hoarse now. Hopefully that feeling will go away soon. That and I hope we get a holiday :D

No comments: