Saturday, May 31, 2008

I have actually been avoiding my blog because I have failed to complete the last two tasks :/

My autobiography has been stuck at Pri 4 for the past few days. This is largely because when the person I was following the calendar with, Hion Lam, asked for an extension, I fell into a state of inertia (which is pretty much what this past 1 week of holiday has been so far for me).

Yesterday Arj and I walked from Little India, to Haji Lane, to the Beach Road place that sells the army/camping stuff, back to Haji Lane, then to Bugis and City Hall. At City Hall we met Lex and Elliot going for a manly shopping session (ohoho!) and followed them for a while - and so marked the first time I ever stepped into Springfield. We then went to Funan to eat dinner, because it seemed to be one of the least crowded places to eat in town on a Friday night.

Our last stop before heading home was Gramophone. I must say I was really impressed by how they stocked Stars, Broken Social Scene and Iron and Wine, of all places I didn't expect to see them in Gramophone. That being said, last time when Cielo and I were there in March they were playing Bird and Bee's How Deep Is Your Love, so perhaps they stock more 'indie' stuff that I originally thought. Anyway I ended up buying Stars' In Our Bedroom After the War (which is now loaned to Arjun - you'd better listen to it multiple times!), which quite cleaned me out :/

In the store they were also playing Jason Mraz's new album, which I was also quite impressed with. So when I went home I did the normal thing most teenagers do nowadays, I downloaded it. I also finally listened to Blonde Redhead again, so for today my current song obsessions are 23 by Blonde Redhead & Lucky by Jason Mraz (+ Colbie Caillat). Special mentions include the very dodgy Upside Down by A*teens which I have been leeching off Nic's simplify and the rest of 23 by Blonde Redhead.

Argh I feel really frustrated by my inertia. I need to do work ):

No comments: