Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Since today is supposed to be the official 'speak in a bad British accent' day and it would actually be that much more weirder to be speaking in a bad British accent all by yourself, 'accuse other people of random crimes' day was switched to tomorrow.

I kind of forgot about the day till morning assembly when the NPCC guest of honour was introduced as having graduated from Cambridge, then I turned to Malcolm and started speaking in a bad accent and he spoke back in one. LOL. The rest of the day was filled with smatterings of bad British accents floating about because Malcolm and Jim were also celebrating the day. I even met Brendan Ma and got him to speak in a bad accent for 1 line.

However the best was when I met Johannes on the way to Biology class. I told him it was Bad British Accent Day and he immediately got into the act. Throughout Biology we would say random things in bad accents to each other/other people/the Indian lady much to the amusement of the rest of the class. When I lapsed and started speaking normally, he would make some 'EEEEEEE' sound and give me an unhappy face. LOL.

So yes, jolly good!

-----

Today during SL2 I was with Arjun and Stephanie bumming about the connecting bridge. I went to the side and pointed out my still precariously perched ruler and then Arjun suddenly got frustrated and wanted to take the ruler down from the awning. Next thing I knew, he went into .3 and came out holding a broom, a pole with Louis trailing behind.

First he tried leaning over the 5th level with the broom to knock down the ruler, then he gave up and passed the broom to Louis and headed downstairs to try and nudge the ruler from the 4th level. After discovering his method worked (and nudged the ruler more vertically to the awnings), he gave the awning one large knock and the ruler went flying into the air and glided down to the 1st level. I kind of cursed because there was no way I would walk down 5 levels just to pick up a damned 70 cent ruler which wouldn't draw straight anymore so I continued to stare at the pond area downstairs in some sort of despair.

As I stared down, broom straws started to rain down from my right. They floated down kind of oddly, like dead weight. The ruler on the other hand, had cut into the air and subsequently slid into some unseen place under the connecting bridge area. Then unexpectedly, Arjun popped out downstairs. He had gone down to pick up the ruler!

After he returned and handed me back my ruler, I ran my fingers up and down it. It felt rough and looked a shade darker than it had before. Then someone else turned up and I said something really dumb and Arjun took the ruler away from me and threatened to throw it down again. For some reason I didn't mind even after I had gotten it back, the idea of throwing something down just seemed to thrilling and illegal. Then Stephanie took it and really threw it down.

For the second time today the ruler went a-flying, this time all the way down 5 stories and it landed splat in the middle of the weird mosquito larvae breeding/tranquil pond. Bye bye ruler.

-----

After school today I went for the Ice Skating CAS with Tricia, Sarah, Joash, Elliot, Alvin, Javis, Darren, Joel, Natalie and Sui Liz.

After skating for about 5 to 10 mins, I felt confident enough to let go of the railing and skate normally, and was happy skating about in circles by myself. Some others like Natalie were really good, and the rest picked skating up pretty fast too, like Elliot and Alvin. Joash as the exception: even at the end of the session he was still clinging onto the railings.

Tricia and Sarah were teaching us stuff beyond the basic skating, so after some practice I can skate in some weird open knees close knees way, and skate backwards really slowly. As we neared the 2hr+ mark, my muscles started getting really tired and it got really hard to skate properly because I couldn't control the skates well. The rink was also really slippery because the ice was melting from the sheer number of people on it - there were literally large puddles of water everywhere, which made it harder to skate.

After resting a little, I got up and started skating again, holding onto Joash to get him to skate away from the railings. This however, tired me out more because I had to support his weight. Then as I let him go and started to skate by myself, I finally slipped and fell down -___________________________________-

Blah. So much for my streak.

No comments: