Thursday, April 23, 2009

Fired Up

After 3 full days of random/tiring/tedious/power typing (stenography) in High Court and wanting to strangle both Plaintiff and Defendant, in addition to a particular solicitor on the Defendant's side, the case which I have long been preparing for is finally over and settled. This also marks the drawing to an end of my time in the mysterious M/s M-. From the early drafting of List of Documents, sorting through and quadruple checking of documents to endless photocopying of bundles, I AM DONE. I have seen this case through from (almost) start to rather disappointing finish (settled for 29% instead of 35% of 1.5 million we were asking for). It's now time for me to move on.

In preparation for today's preparation, I also caught the cold of one of the pupils from the Defendant's team. This means I was able to take MC today rather convincingly because I was sneezing a storm in the office yesterday even though I feel much better today and can actually work :p

Today was one endless list of preparations for the future. First I went to set up a bank account in UOB with my father (or maybe it was OUB... it's the one with the 3 perpendicular lines for a logo), then we went to buy a trekking bag for Nepal/any other student trips I might take in Europe from Queensway. I had trouble deciding between a Y'pak and a Outgear bag which were the same price. In the end I went with the Outgear one because the red colour reminded me of the Firebats from Starcraft. I can now pretend to set people that piss me off on fire now more convincingly. Finally we went to the Nepal counsulate in Singapore (highly dodgy place) to apply for Visas.

I don't really know what to make of the fact that May is coming. On one hand I'm excited to be going to Nepal and experience something new, on the other it's a painful reminder how time is marching forward and how September is drawing near, plus the fact that I'll be seperated from you for more than a month. It's also a reminder how this is just the beginning of the battle between both sides of my heart.

No comments: