Wednesday, April 29, 2009

My Back Hurts Suddenly

985 posts. This means I should ration them a little if I want to have an awesome 1,000th post, something I've vaguely planned to coincide with my May Month celebrations like last year. Well maybe not so much like last year since I'll be in a foreign country with no friends around and strangers, but more specifically the May 5th event. Let's see if I can make it a yearly thing.

-----

Today I was walking around the office in my cheap ass knockoff havianas that I bought in pinoyland and I kept feeling like my left foot was being pierced by a staple bullet. Despite checking my slipper and the sole of my foot, I could not find the aforementioned stapler bullet and I started to get really annoyed by the sharp pain that happened everytime I stepped down. After a random epiphany I lifted up my entire slipper and turned it around and discovered a stapler bullet embedded on the bottom of the slipper, pointy end stuck into the slipper. No wonder I couldn't see it when I wasn't stepping on it.

I felt like The Princess and the Pea for a moment there.

On another note my time at the office is coming to an end. Finally. Today Mr N- brought us all out for lunch at Grand Copthorne. As expected the usual suspects gorged on fresh oysters and turned really giggly, Mr Tan tried to convince everyone that ice cream was healthy and that he took the bigger bowl of ice cream by accident, and everyone in general ate like pigs. This office really likes eating. I had about 5 rounds myself + desert. If anything else I'll really miss the food plus the people though honestly shredding paper everyday is depressing as hell.

Over my past one month in the office I've gotten a few favourites from Lau Pa Sat. Stuff like Mack's Chicken Inasal (I had it again on Monday and the chicken was cooked just right this time... sarap!), the Lei Cha which tends to make me feel sick afterwards because of the high MSG content, Koh Kee Hakka Yong Tau Foo and the other normal Yong Tau Foo store. There's a cooked zhi char like place there too run entirely by China boys that wasn't too bad too. Then there was Mama Kiki's Lechon or something too, that I have yet to try because the queue is freaking long, but it looks good ):

I am going to miss the food there. Oh the fun I had planning lunch everyday :D

And I guess I'll miss the people too.

No comments: