Saturday, April 18, 2009

My Brother Is Wearing Some Sort of Stange Ironic Hipster Tee, Which Is More Ironic Because He Can't Read

I lol-ed greatly when I read Gen's entry today. It reminded me of something that happened on Thursday night that completely slipped my mind. At like 12:10 on Friday morning I received a call from Cao because I had left my phone switched on in hopes of getting a call that night. At the time I was also jotting down something in my notebook that had came to mind. After the initial disppointment at seeing the caller, I picked up the phone and got asked what covariances was. Shit.

The next 20 mins or so was spent frantically running around my room pulling out my old Math Studies stuff and trying to figure out what the hell covariance was exactly so he could teach his sister who was having exams the next day. Fail. I remember using it before too for my Math Studies project too. I also giggled at how it was symbollically represented as Sxy which looks like Sexy. In the end a vague bit of memory hit me and I came up with how it was used in determining correlation coefficient and how it was determined by standard deviation of x and y.

At the end of the phone call I was struck by how quickly I had forgotten what I had studied so hard for (I got a 7 too!) but after looking around my room I was more struck by the mess I had created in my frantic search for my math things.

No comments: