Monday, October 29, 2007

'Cause I, need time.
My heart is numb, has no feeling.
So while I'm still healing,
Just try, and have a little patience.

Speaking of numb, I feel like my brain hasn't been used at all for the past 6+ hours I've been awake. First off was Chinese, in a very warm classroom with no air conditioning and students who were merrily taking the piss from the Chinese teacher. I felt about as mentally engaged as conversing with a peanut.

After Chinese, I headed off to the Biology lab to redo the graphs that The Bio Teacher wanted us to do, the only SL person amongst the bunch of HL people working on their Biology EEs. I honestly can't think of a subject (besides the other Sciences + Math) which would make me go EEEEEEEEEE more (okay yes, done to death pun!).

Then it was off to Bukit Timah Plaza on the usual 74. As the bus drove past the bus stop before the junction of Holland Road and Clementi, I spotted two books lying sedately on the grey bum rest - no human being at the bus stop in sight. It got me thinking of the movement, the one where people leave their old books around for others to find and take. There's a proper name but I can't quite remember it nor care enough. Anyhoo the books didn't look very interesting at all, one had SUCCESS! merrily singing from the cover while the other looked like either a bible or a book with a missing jacket. *there is probably some significance to this but I can't quite pin point it*

At Popular I was hanging around the file section to buy files for EE and CAS stuff (since they both made my old files explode painfully) which also happened to be where the sole speaker in the entire store was located. Just as I was musing how the last time I was there I was with him, Take That's Patience came on full blast. Ohohoho, mainstream shit-ness. I'm sure he'd have died there on the spot and demand we get out of mainstream music land, but I'm not so persnickety myself. If the lyrics have a meaning that I can identify with, I'll listen to it and identify with Patience I did, feeling how surreal and apt it all was.

As I went off to pay for my items, I met a freshly shorn Gerald reading some football thingamabob and leaning against a low bookshelf which made me stop in my tracks and give him a O.O look. Strange stuff.

While queuing up later for fried-chicken-which-will-appear-as-pimples-on-my-face, I was zoned out and half listening to the guys in the next queue. "Eh, Where to fark (fuck) ah?". Zoom. My radar for all things controversial was alerted and I started to listen to them intently, "I think Engineering facility..." !!! IN A SCHOOL OH MY! "... has lots". Er wait what? Then I realised the guy had problems with p/f sounds. Talk about a let down >.<

On the bus back, I spotted a certain Chinese Teacher from school with the initials TJ and rhymes with pang xie (crab in Chinese) board at King Albert Park. I am ashamed/amused to note that I LOL-ed when I saw him and was silently sniggering as he came on board and saw me. I have no idea why I was even so amused, but I conclude it was because of all teachers, it had to be him who I crossed paths with today.

Meanwhile I still have a pile of EE related readings to get through a a urge to play The Sims 2 >.<>

No comments: