Wednesday, October 03, 2007

I almost set myself on fire just now when I tried to cook instant noodles for my dinner. Whoosh, a medium fireball flew up and ignited itself around my upper torso and arms... but nothing happened to me except a huge shock (I'm not actually sure if it's possible for me to catch fire that way? Am a chem/physics idiot).

Anyway moving on to other things, there's a bit of Blackwater being mentioned in the news today. Till Darren sent me this article, I had no idea how bad things actually for. For most of this and the past week, my thoughts were occupied with Burma.

Messing around a little with google, I found this video on them. The wikipeidia article on them also made me laugh a little. I quote:

"(the founder, Erik Prince) He also serves as a board member of Christian Freedom International, a nonprofit group that provides Bibles, food and other help to Christians in countries where they face persecution."

Oh yes, very Godly indeed, and people complain when they're wondering why there aren't more converts to the religion. Fact is, Christianity is one of the most well documented religions suffering from hypocrisy*. Before you go off launching a tirade on (the perversion of, hopefully) Islam, please look inwards and analyse yourself before you even think to cast the first stone.

Edit: On a lighter note, check out Passchendaele by the Goodbooks, apt song on the eve of the History paper (:

*with this I refer to the fact that Christianity is more widely known and in the public eye than any other religion, I'm sure other religions suffer from hypocrisy too.

No comments: