Friday, October 26, 2007

I have my Middlemarch and Possession! At Borders I was disappointed to find it missing from the display of Vintage imprint books (Murakami and Carroll were notedly missing as well) and went off to try and find it in the Literature section.

Daryl found Middlemarch for me, and it had the same cover as the special edition issue, but the price was $15~ standalone! What a rip off ): So I refused to buy it and we talked about heading to Harris at Orchard MRT to go look for it.

However we were detained at the cashiers as Daryl paid for his Joyce while Stephanie and I stood by the Vintage display and I ranted about there being no Middlemarch while telling her to read more. Just as I held up Grimm to show her, I espied a Middlemarch on the bottom! :O JOY JOY JOY!

Seizing it up, I ran over to Daryl who held me pay (hello borders discount card :D). The heading back to the display, Stephanie and I sifted through the stacks and came to the conclusion that it was the only Middlemarch left in the pile - and I found it! (with Stephanie as my lucky charm)

At Harris however, sitting forlornly on a side table lay 3 Middlemarch bundles among a few other bundles of Vintage books. Talk about a disappointment, I felt so let down by the fact that I had searched so hard for my books whereas mere plebeians who did not share the same zest I did would be able to get their grubby hands on Middlemarch - GRAWGH! NOT FAIR >.<

Anyway I have Middlemarch and Possession now, hooray :D

No comments: